Monday, April 18, 2011

Total Norm for the Morm

Is it just me or does it seem like the whole world knows about Mormons?? Today I found myself sitting in English class discussing the classes we would take next year. My teacher was blabbing on about the importance of taking a zero period if you don't have enough credits so far. Next thing you know she is pointing me out to the whole class telling them I am Mormon and I probably won't take a zero period even if I need credits because I take seminary. Sometimes I wonder if these teachers purposely say things like that so some people will ask questions about the church, but then I realize they are just simply trying to tell me not to be hard on myself. Either way, I definitely took the opportunity after class to answer a few questions about seminary for a few students. My testimony on seminary is really simple: just listen. At the beginning of the year I thought of it as social hour, and I definitely treated it like that too. After one of our subs questioned us saying "what's the point of waking up early if you aren't even going to learn?" I decided to listen and he is so right!! I know that if you listen to the scriptures being taught in seminary you WILL learn things of great importance to your life. I know that this gospel really helps us, as members of the Church of Jesus Christ, strive to become better people and live with Heavenly Father again.

No comments: