Tuesday, February 21, 2012

How to throw the BEST Mormon Party... For Teens

DISCLAIMER: These Photos are in NO specific order
Being 16 is a pretty big deal. I went back and forth on having a Sweet 16, but ultimately decided it would be a great idea. One thing about Mormon parties is that everyone in the ward helps each other out, and people rarely spend over $400. But with this party, it was a little difficult to keep under budget at first, but eventually we made it. Here is how any person can throw the perfect party for a teenager(especially if you are Mormon):
1. PhotoBooths
Normally these are a little more traditional, but since they are so expensive, a guy in my ward set up the stuff we needed for our Roadshow pictures(a play my church is putting on). He is also a photographer, so he decided to just take picture of us and give them to my family on a CD. They turned out amazing!!
2. Great People
With just the right people, you can start a marshmallow war, or take some totally fantastic her-clicking photos.
3. An Amazing DJ(this guy happens to be one of my really close friends, friends)
Music is the most important part in setting the "mood" of the party. Make sure to pick music that is fun, and that everyone will want to dance to. My new friend, Travis, did a fantastic job!
4. Make sure to invite all of your friends!
You don't want anyone to feel left out do you??
(A random picture of me on my actual birthday with my cake)
5. What party doesn't end with planking??
Make sure to have a camera to take random shots like this one:
(On my actual birthday, my best friend dropped balloons off for me. Yes, I am in my Pajamas after a shower.. Who cares?)
6. Always make sure you have some sort of theme
I prefer just having a color scheme, so I went with blue and silver this time. I like having cute/classy decor.
(An one last picture of my great friend, Brandt)
Now, this cost of this party was NOT bad at all. Here are the totals:
DJ- $150
Photo Booth- $40
Food- $50
Balloons- $30
Great Time- FREE
GRAND TOTAL- $270
See? cheap and easy. Now go throw yourself the PERFECT party!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I am not sure how you did your math, but the actual cost of the party was more like $350! Plus...where is my decorating/creativity credits???